I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to have this quilt finished! I bought these fabrics in 2008 in Japan, and since there was a serious language barrier I bought a meter of each. That's a lot! I made a wall hanging with the fabrics. Then a couple years ago the week of Halloween I was inspired to start cutting out these tumblers, but I didn't get far. I worked on it a little last October, but didn't get far. It was just something I kept putting away! However I have been super motivated to clear out these old projects hanging around in my cabinet. So this year I knew I was going to get it done!
I am so pleased to have this quilt finished.
I had to piece the backing to make it work. It held me up about a week while I waited to have the patience or motivation.
Its now in the place of honor when you first walk in the door. This banister is right behind the sofa, so it is really easy to grab this quilt to cuddle up with, which is good since it has been chilly here!
Things seem right in the world now.


No comments:
Post a Comment