Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I seriously love the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I spend weeks cruising through the entries getting new ideas and finding new quilt blogs to follow.  So GO take a lookie.... but wait until after you see my entry.  

This is my quilt sampler.  It almost made me quit quilting all together. Not really, but I had my moments.  I learned a million things while making these blocks.  I also learned how to fix problems... big problems.  

My cousin and I decided to make a sampler. She chose 21 of the blocks and I chose 21 of the blocks.... it always seemed like her blocks were harder, but then when I would talk to her she would mix bad word in on how she was enjoying the blocks I picked.   We used Judy Hopkins' Around the Block and Around the Block Again.  Sometimes we said a few bad words about Judy... but we didn't mean it of course.
My cousin's quilt turned out totally different, and really awesome.  I love how the same pattern will give you totally different quilts!   


I cannot count the number of times I put this quilt away because I was so frustrated.  It took me almost four years to finish. Now of course its my favorite quilt, and I dont say mean things about it anymore.  I'm really proud of this one!  


It lives on our guest bed.  Sometimes I just go in and pet it.

Quilt Measurements:  76 x 88
Quilted by:  Me
Best category:  Bed quilt, Home Machine Quilted 


Okay thanks for stopping by my entry.  Have fun cruising through the awesome quilts!!  

14 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful sampler and I can see why you're proud of it! And I'm really happy you don't say mean things about it anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose for this - its absolutely stunning - i love how you and your cousin worked together on this and each by picking blocks.. definitely makes it unique and special for the 2 of you!! #267

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blogger's quilt festival too! Love your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you finished this! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how very beautiful!!!!
    question: when you started this quilt, did you have a series of colours you wanted to be used, or did you just wing it, and let it happen? the orange colour repeats itself quite a bit....as does the purple....and the green....
    which makes me wonder if you'd chosen the colours before you started.

    look forward to hearing from you
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love sampler quilts and I loved the variety of colors you used in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt!! So glad you finished it. Love the colors. I would sneak into the guest room just to take a nap under it! Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of sampler blocks in one quilt. My entry is a sampler as well, but just 20 blocks. I love how you made different blocks in different colors and scattered them around the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your story! Your quilt turned out beautiful and you're right. You can learn a lot from Sampler quilts! Congrats for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a bright fresh sampler. Lucky guests.

    Come see my entry #46 Batik Tulips
    applique, hand quilt, wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is lovely and fresh-looking! It looks to have lovely textured quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be proud-- and it clearly deserves to be petted! It is a beautiful sampler. How wonderful that it was an experience you got to share with your cousin as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these traditional blocks in bright colors, it's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bright and lovely sampler.

    ReplyDelete