Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Bakery Fabrics


Yesterday Tineke and I braved funnel cloud weather and ventured to Belle Fouche so she could show me one of her favorite quilt shops.  The Bakery Fabrics is in a really cool old building downtown and the shop is stocked with good stuff.  Tineke's almost two year old was jumping and shrieking with joy at one particular  stack of fabrics... and really that's what I felt like inside... but is just stood steady like an adult. Because that's what grown ups do...
     
I picked up some fat quarters and a bit of yardage for a new tote bag.  A couple girls want me to show them how to make a bag, so I thought I must make a new bag as a sample right??!  


And I bought this for an apron I decided.  I guess that's my go to excuse when I see some fabric I must get for no particular reason.  But at the store they had a little kids sample apron with a build in towel, and I decided I want to make an apron with a built in towel.  So I shall.

I also picked up 5 yards of bliss flannel for a backing and a hunk for that quilts binding... of course I haven't even started it, so you don't have a clue what I'm blabbering about.  Someday soon......probably.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the garden fabric! What is the name of the designer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Robert Kaufman Suburbia. They had a man print too with tools and stuff I almost bought it also.

    ReplyDelete