Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quilt Festival








I don't have a really gorgeous quilt to show off. But I do have this quilt that I am super proud of. Its a stacked coins quilt. I got the inspiration from this quilt. I wanted to make something for my son's room. It was fun gathering fun fabric worthy of a little boy's room. I found fantastic Micheal Miller fabric for the backing and got to work. Its a nice large twin (I love plenty of overhang).











This is the first time I used my walking foot. It was a big AH HA moment for me.








I made a second toddler sized quilt for the bed that my little boy current sleeps on.(Both the crib and the twin bed are in his room)











15 comments:

  1. Lovely. It's nice to see boy style quilts. My son still puts his small quilt over himself when he is lying on his large quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two quilts, they are cheerful and bright! I made a quilt for my boy this year but he is nearly 6'4" so it was really really big :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think they are gorgeous! I love the blues, greens & oranges together. Awesome boy quilt.
    -Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so pretty. . . I've been thinking about a little girl quilt. . . perhaps a version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I think this is a fantastic quilt for a little boy and I really like the matching crib sized one. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the bright colors in this. What a great idea to make a small and large quilt too, to match

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are wonderful, and the whole quilt very bright and fresh. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that quilt is fabuloso! The pillows are awesome too. Go you! I had a walking foot ah ha moment a couple of months ago too. Having it on for the binding part of the quilt make me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that these quilts are so cheerful. I am sure your son will always love them

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous quilts! I love the fabrics, especially those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. doesn't the walking foot make such a huge difference. this quilt is really pretty. the bright colors make it so fun and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheerful, FUN, bright, little boy quilts!!! That backing is PERFECT!!! ; ) Your quilts make me smile! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete