I start working on Christmas stuff early! A couple weekends ago I started my 50 something Christmas Cards. Its very exciting for me since this is the last year of my stash of cards. Before we moved to Misawa I stocked up on four years worth of Christmas cards because they were super cheap and I wasn't sure what the base would have. So my stockpile actually lasted for 5 years. But this year at the after Christmas clearance I can buy enough for next year. I can hardly wait. I love buying Christmas cards, and it has been really tough to keep myself from buying them while I used up this stash.
My husband's family doesn't really exchange gifts. I cannot fathom this really. After 8 years I still cannot understand, his siblings don't exchange any gifts. Heck, some of them don't even bother with Christmas cards.(or birthday cards, or birthday phone calls??!!) What love eh? I definitely don't feel like breaking the bank to gift fancy stuff. But I think something small and inexpensive can still be a nice gesture. Like..."Its the thought that counts." Anyhow, I bought a couple of these figurines to paint as family gifts. Definitely not breaking the bank, and it fills a hobby spot in my life. BONUS!!
So I painted one of them yesterday. The little monster was totally mesmerized. He climbed up on my chair and stood behind me looking over my shoulder while I painted for nearly an hour. I couldn't believe it! A lot of my paints were all gunky and old. Maybe I will go buy a couple of new paints before I start the next one. I need to go to the HOLO today anyways for a sealer.
I have really been enjoying Fall. The cool evenings are wonderful. Last night I made Pumpkin Spice Cookies from the Fall Taste of Home Comfort Foods which I picked up a few days ago and has lots of great recipes! A couple of nights ago I made a crockpot Potato and Sausage Supper.(You know the recipe was from TOH) It was super yummy and perfect for a fall dinner.
The snowman is so beutiful. Love the cookies and dinner. Your house is so homey.
ReplyDelete