Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Packing up the WIPs





We are leaving Thursday morning! I am going to be taking all but 2 of my wips. I am anxiously waiting to pack up my sewing stuff until my sister has her baby! She doesn't know what she is having, and they started inducing her yesterday! I know I don't have time to make her a quilt but I bought some flannel yards and once she has him or her, I will throw together a nice flannel blanket to take. I bought flannel some girl fabric and some boy fabric figuring I'll use it sometime. They are simple two yards of flannel sewn together leaving an opening to turn it out and then close it up around the edge. And I will add another seam inward a couple inches so it looks more finished. My cousin made me one for my little guy and its one of my favorite blankets to use. Its durable like a receiving blanket but bigger and a little thicker. So as soon as I hear, I will throw the blanket together for her baby. THEN I can pack up the sewing stuff.
I have the Dazed and Confused quilt and Grammie's Garden Globes lap quilt that just need the binding shut, I am pretty sure I can get these done in the car on the way to Michigan.
I have three quilts that are sandwiched and need to be quilted, the Polka Dot Pigtails quilt is almost half way quilted.

I have two projects that are partially cut out. The leftovers from the quilt along will become a coin quilt. The other stack is for our niece.

And gulp, the last two are still heaps of washed fabric waiting to be cut up. The manly fabrics are for a quilt for my brother in law. I am going to name it, 'Under Par' The doggie fabrics I am going to use for the zig-zag quilt along. "Doggie Days of Summer" Even though they are still just yardage they have names. I have a strange process eh. LOL

I think its a good thing that I am cutting myself off until these projects are finished. I think I can get loads done while I am in Michigan. I hope so, because I don't enjoy having so many projects at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment