Thursday, July 9, 2009

104 degrees out with the beginning of snowballs




It may be hot as heck outside, but snowballs are beginning to take form up in here. I am going to make a small lap quilt for the Hub's grammie, who is currently in a nursing home recovering from a broken foot. I bought some nice fabrics with a birdhouse backing fabric. I think it will suit here really well.
The doggie prints are some fabrics I couldn't pass up a few weeks ago. I am going to use them to make the Old Red Barn Co quilt along's second quilt. A zig-zag. If it turns out well, I think I might make a large zig zag for our bed, someday. I have enough fabric to make a throw or a twin, and then I can add a border.
It was nice to take a break from quilting my nieces quilt, Polka Dot Pigtails. I got the large squares for Grammie's lap quilt cut and some of the little ones. I hate cutting little squares though, and I need 120. But its so small I'm not going to get a bad attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment