It feels fantastic! I started quilting the quilt along quilt today.(That's a mouthful, I need to name the darn thing!) It didn't take too long to make some real progress. I'm thinking I can get it quilted this weekend. I am just going up and down the seams in the ditch. It looks pretty nice on the back. After I get this one quilted and the binding attached (but not the hand sewing part, I'm saving that for our road trip), I have the figgy pudding throw basted and ready to get quilted. I was able to get the two sandwiched during my in laws visit.
Their visit was nice. They haven't been to visit us since July 2002, when I was a 19 year old newlywed. I'd say my cooking, decorating and entertaining styles have changed since then. The Hubbs had to go out of town early Sunday morning and the in-laws left Monday evening after dinner. Everything went well. The hubby came home last night. I missed him.
The guest room took all of 10 minutes to return to its sewing room status. It looks so uncluttered still. I wonder how long it will take to get all junked up.
I think the monster and I will be in Michigan for long visit. The Hubbs has to go overseas and I would rather stay in Michigan for the three weeks than to be here as a single parent for that time. It will give my folks more time to get Grandma and Grandpa time in with the monster. And I will get to go to Monday night quilting with the 'Strip Teasers'. I used to go in high school.... I miss those old broads. I was planning to go to three Monday nights, but now since I am staying through the Hubbs business trip I will be there for SEVEN Mondays. Whahoooo. I hope I have enough projects to work on. eeeee
These are my first two quilts. The Charm Quilt is tied, my very first, sophomore year of high school....
The 1930's nine patch I started right afterwards I seem to remember. But I didn't finish it until Nov 2004. It took me four years..... So what!

No comments:
Post a Comment