Monday, May 25, 2015

The Strangest Thing

...just happened.
I just ordered the Lizbeth thread I will need to hand quilt my Horizon quilt.  I think it's the only way I will be able to get it quilted this summer.  So I just decided to go for it.  













I am almost done with my Miss Kate quilt.  I have 11 flowers left to quilt in the border then I will be ready to put on the binding.  Also throughout the hand quilting of this quilt I wondered if it would make any different to close the binding before I hand quilt it.  It doesn't seem like it would hurt, and it would keep my border from fraying, though I haven't had much trouble with that.   

Lots to learn still.  I think 9 weeks to hand quilt this thing wasn't bad.  I ended up taking a few 1-2 week breaks throughout this time period though. And I lost my thimble and fear the puppy found it.

LOTS TO LEARN

2 comments:

  1. I love your hand quilting. Did you use perle cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to find perle cotton lately! I used HH Lizbeth thread which I think is made for tatting. They call it 'cordonnet thread'. It comes in different sizes and I think the size 20 which is what I am using is a little thinner than perle cotton.

      Delete