I finished my first quilt of the new year the other night.
It isn't large.
It is colorful.
I love it.
Yesterday, Kristen and I braved very scary roads to visit The Bakery Fabrics' big end of year sale. We were hoping the roads would improve the longer we stayed in the store shopping, and with no children it was leisurely. We did some damage, and the roads were much better on our return trip back to Rapid.
The shop's owner is so welcoming and we always stand around the cutting table catching up on fabric happenings.... yesterday she let us look through Moda's 2015 preview books. It was quite a treat.
I bought some very fun things.
I picked up this Cotton & Steel print to make an apron. I love when a print has a special border on one end. It is really hard to take apron selfies, so I had the monster model it. He's pretty adorable.
I hadn't planned on shopping for my snail trail fabric, but this Kona Punch is such a pretty color that I decided it would be perfect.
When I got home I decided I must get some of my precuts sewn this year. I pulled a few charm packs and planned out the patterns and did the math. Now I have a ginormous list of solid and backing yardages, which I will have to pace myself to get through, but I am looking forward to all of it!



Nate does such a nice job as an apron model.
ReplyDelete