Thursday, December 25, 2014

Swoon

 
I finished my swoon recently, but since our motherboard died unexpectedly I wasn't able to post photos.  Our new computer arrived on Christmas Eve so we slapped a bow on it and waited until this morning to crack it open and fire 'er up. 
 
 
I took photos on a very windy overcast day and they aren't great.  Now looking at this photo I really wish we had found time to re-stain the deck...... poo. Oh Well.
 
 
 
I bought these fabrics last summer while on a shopping trip with friends.  Cutting and assembly was lengthy.  By the time I had the blocks together I needed a break, so I set it aside for a little while.  Finally I had a burst of motivation to get it done and it was very quickly put together.
 
 
 
For the backing I picked a bright pink, and I went with a bold blue binding. 
I did simple straight line quilting which I love. 
The quilt is a gift for my sister.  I have it wrapped and ready to ship. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment