Last night I finished stitching the binding on this fun little quilt.
I hung it up immediately.
Weeks ago Lori Holt started this quilt along, and I am so happy that I carved out time to sew along. I really needed that. I was having so much trouble finding time to sew with the new school year and the chaos of trips to Michigan.
The only thing that bugs me is that this star doesn't show up in photos of the whole quilt. It's not fair.
I picked up a snowman backing at HoLo then found out the tag was a snowman! How perfect. I love this sweet quilt.
Other Christmas sewing has been completed lately. A couple of runners, a quilt or two, and this adorable pouch.
Now that I have wrapped up the Christmas tasks, I am working on a mini Lions quilt for the monster using the leftovers from the hubs' quilt. It's not a surprise to the kiddo, but I have to work on it while my husband is at work or out of the house so I don't ruin the surprise of his quilt.
I've also set my sights on finishing up my Swoon quilt. Hopefully I can get it done before the new year. I managed to get the top fully assembled this afternoon, and will head to the fabric store tomorrow to find a backing and binding. It would be so nice to get that wrapped up. I finished a ton of 2013 WIPS this year and it would be great to start with a clean slate.
**fingers crossed**
I love your backing on the Christmas Quilt! You did an amazing job on this.
ReplyDelete