Saturday, July 5, 2014

String Break


I needed a little breather from the strings so I've tended to my rainbow swap duties.  I sorted the squares into the 7 groupings and I have them ready for the final color which should arrive this week.  I should get the envelopes ready while I wait.  This is our group's second rainbow swap, and this time I took two unclaimed colors so I will have a double portion of squares.  I loved the pinwheel I made last summer, and I'll have to start seriously considering what I should make with this round.


I've also started sewing my queen quilt blocks.  I cut this quilt out a couple of weeks ago.  This quilt will be a calm pace and I plan to take several weeks to assemble the top.  The backing is in my supply cabinet and once I do get this quilt top done and piece the backing I'm going to give it to a long arm quilter.  I could quilt it, but I don't want to!

I'll get back to string blocks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment