Things around here are getting back to normal after a three day sewing weekend with some really great friends.
Last Friday I went to the airport to pick up my friend Lisa, who I hadn't seen in real life since we graduated high school, but stay connected with on the facebook quilting group that I talk about all of the time.
We met Amber and Kristen at my house later in the day and we headed to one of my favorite quilt shops. Miranda met us there with her little guys.
We did some serious shopping (I'll share my loot later). Nothing breaks the ice of meeting online connections in real life quite like spending LOTS of money.
We again went back to my house where there was an exchange of sweet goodies and fun things! Then we had dinner and settled in for several hours of sewing.
Saturday we hit up three local quilt shops in Rapid City.
Then again went home for HOURS of sewing.
Miranda taught a zipper pouch tutorial while I got dinner ready. I did manage to make a few pouches too. It was a new thing for Kristen and Lisa and everyone had lots of fun.
On Sunday we went to Hill City to hit up the fabric store there. On the way there Miranda awarded buttons to everyone.... It was very fun.
After the shopping we went to lunch and did a little wine tasting. It was a very fun afternoon.
We sewed awhile on Sunday afternoon, but after supper most of the ladies needed to return to children. Lisa and I continued to sew late that night though, and we both got a lot done.
It was a great weekend. I am so lucky to know so many great ladies that share a love for my hobby. Even though most of the group didn't make it to South Dakota there was lots of photo sharing and encouraging commenting going on online. It was amazing, and I hope the next sewing symposium will be just as wonderful.
ALSO- The hubs was amazing! While we were out each day he vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, along with doing my morning watering, he even managed to keep himself and the monster out of the house while we were home sewing. I'm the luckiest girl on earth! Truly.









No comments:
Post a Comment