Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Finished Challenge Quilt


 When I was putting together the fabric bundles for this quilt challenge I had no idea how much I'd love these colors.  
Five bundles went off to quilty friends.... I kept one for myself.  As always I assumed I would covet someone else's quilt instead of my own.  I'm always my own worst critic.   So far I've seen three of the other quilts and even though I love them and think they are awesome, I'm still happy with mine.  This quilt is a happy surprise.
It's really odd that I picked out the fabrics, and yet if I was to go to the store to choose stuff for a quilt, I would have never chose these.   When I went to sit down and actually plan this quilt, I looked at the fabrics and realized they kinda made me uncomfortable.  Not my normal.  
 When we do quilt alongs the other way- different fabrics, same pattern I always think mine is the most boring or think the others are all better than the one I created.  On this quilt however, I'm content. 

I am going to love this sofa throw for sure.   

As for the others that are put together.... lookie here....

 Julie used a fabulous modern pattern with hers.  These bright fabrics really do something to make you interested eh? I've spent a good length of time just staring at this quilt top, I enjoy it.   And I knew Julie was a modern type of gal, but it was a surprise to see she can be this modern.  I love it.
This is the only other challenge quilt that is finished.  Amber did an amazing job.  I'm pretty sure this was her first go at hand piecing, and she nailed it.  When I first saw this quilt I obviously studied the pretty flowers and the vines and the little button covered yo-yos.... then I saw the pieced binding and I thought crap this girl has an attention span I could never hope to have.  Goodness gracious that must have been a ton of work, and after the hand sewing I couldn't have pulled it off.  Just amazing!
Jamie.... you remember Jamie right..... she made this tumbler top.  She said she wished she had used some of the tan solid in the front, but I'm glad she didn't.  Its so bright and I love it just like this.  I'm so glad that most of my sewing friends feel the need to organize their quilts......this is a perfect example.  The top is busy but its neat and organized.  I love that my eye can focus.  I have never seen anyone assemble tumblers like this, instead of the back and forth, they looked stacked.  It took me a long time to realize that's what made these tumblers different.  I love it!

I really love the way all of these quilts are turning out so differently!  It makes it way more fun.  There are two others that have been kept pretty quiet.  I know Kristen is doing a disappearing four patch, but I have no clue what Miranda decided to do.

I love this experiment!

1 comment: