Several months ago I sent out bundles of fabrics to some quilty friends. I issued a challenge to dream up a quilt and we could see how each of us translated our fabric. Of course I issued a deadline, and lately I've been wondering if I'd be the one to not finish in time. I was starting to sweat it a little.
This weekend however I hit a little break in my Christmas Sewing since I need to buy backings and my allowance was gonzo. The hubs took over the money and so now I can't sneak fabric money out if I've exhausted my allowance. Which is probably a really good thing.
So I picked up my challenge quilt. I had seven nine-patch blocks assembled, but hadn't worked on it since August-no joke. I had an audio-book on my phone and I banged it out.
I am surprised how much I love this quilt. Even though I picked out the fabrics it isn't what I expected, and the fabrics I choose were a little out of my norm. It ended up a nice throw size.
It feels great to have the top done.
But now I need to buy FOUR quilt backings with my next allowance. It's gonna hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment