Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Moment of Silence


I banged this pile out this weekend.  Not all of them, but the biggest and most important projects.  This was my stack of quilts that needed binding. 
 I cut and pieced twenty-eight strips of binding.  
 I attached the bindings to six quilts from that pile.  
 This pretty dresden wall hanging was finished.  
And these two babydoll quilts were added to my DONE pile.  

I was literally on fire.  Well, not including flames and such, but after a full day of sewing, something in my sewing area started to smell quite electrical fire-ish.  The hubs and I were really freaking out and couldn't figure out what was causing the smell.  But it was really strong.  We turned everything off in the room and I was worried.   Later I sewed a bit more and my Juki didn't cause the smell, which made me feel a little better..  Today I plugged in Rowenta and waited and waited for her to warm up.  Nada.  She must have bit the big one.  I would like to speak only kind words of my deceased expensive iron, however she leaked like a mother of three from the get go.  Then after awhile she poured water like Niagara.  While I'm sad that we spent all of that money on such a pricey iron, I'm relieved to know what caused the smell and I'm glad I can go get a new iron which hopefully can steam some stuff.  Steaming is such a wonderful feature of an iron.  I cannot wait.  My squirt bottle is temperamental too, I'll bury it with Row.  


1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are gorgeous! I do the same thing when it comes to bindings, I wait till I have four or five to be done, and then make myself sit down and do them. ( I am a bad procrastinator). I also have had a few irons go bad on me, so far the one that seems to be working great (and has some serious steam), I bought at Aldi's when they had them. Several months later, still working great. Keep up the good work, you make beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete