Friday, March 22, 2013

With Plenty of Coffee


 Sewing nights have been really fun lately! 


This week Kristen and I had Miranda join us again while she works on her first quilt project. 


This week after she finished adding the last rows of her quilt top we showed her how to pin baste, then she started quilting!  It was great.  Kristen brought some cutting to do for her Marmalade project, and I was clipping my Happy Go Lucky hst units. Lots of Bonnie and Camille fabric lovin lately.   

 Miranda finished the quilting and she did a really great job!   No worrying or complaining, she just banged it out.  She did quilt 99% of an entire column without bobbin thread, which is probably the best way to learn a lesson to watch for that!  HeHe.   Next week will be the binding!  If we don't loose her to the hand sewing I think she will be a great quilter!

I seem to be working on alot lately.  Adding borders to my Row Along top and working on the Happy Go Lucky blocks.  This is the very last of my bolt of Kona White.  I'm so sad.  I went through the bolt so quickly!  I might need to go buy more just to get the projects I have underway finished.  I don't think my sewing budget can swing another bolt this soon.  

Since its snowing and I have laundry done I decided to bang out the new Virtual Quilting Bee block which was posted this morning. 
 It took all of thirty minutes to make.  I think this quilt is nicknamed ' the blueberry patch' quilt.  
Lame name??

2 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your Kona? I've started buying most of my fabric from Fabric.com because I don't have a fabric shop nearby, plus their prices are really good. They have Kona for 5.49 a yard and if you do a search you can almost always find a 15% off code...so that brings it to about 4.65 a yard...and there's free shipping if your order is $35. I just bought a bunch of different shades of Kona green for an crop circles quilt I'm planning for our city festival this year. (We live deep in Washington State farm country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and I'm a little jealous you have space to have friends over for quilting nights...the only thing that could make quilting more fun for me would be if I could quilt and socialize at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete