Saturday, March 9, 2013

I love following directions

Something in my personality really enjoys being given instructions.  I dig trying new recipes.... mix the amounts listed of certain foods and wham-bam a delicious meal!  Its the same way with quilts...... sew these sizes of squares together and you'll get a pretty quilt.  

That is why I love participating in quilt alongs! 


 The row along has been a really fun exercise.... And it has been a good practice for me. Sewing itty bitty tiny pieces isn't something I normally do.    

 I am working on the last row. Tulips!  They are so fun, but I am dragging my feet. Maybe because it is the last row so it's kinda a bummer.  I think there will be a pieced border... so the fun isn't totally over, but the rows are done now.  

Luckily....

I bought fabric today for another quilt along.  I decided to go with solids and I used a design-seed for the fabric inspiration.  I did pretty well finding just the right colors... the light green isn't quite right, but I think it still looks nice.  
I'm washing the fabrics now and then I can get started.  Block one came out yesterday!  

Beyond the quilt alongs... 
*I need to bind the two baby quilts soonish....atleast by the end of the month.    
* I want to get my log cabin basted and quilted this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment