Thursday, March 14, 2013

I am

 I am kinda tired from a late night of sewing last night.  A new sewing friend, Miranda came to sew with Kristen and I.  Her quilt school went really well  and she made good progress on her first project.  I really enjoy seeing how different ladies approach the new challenge differently.  In this case when we told her it was time to start sewing she replied something along the lines of... 'okay lets see if it explodes'.  Fearless. (later there was a sort of incident while I was trying to remove the machine's needle as the dog was sitting down on the machine's foot pedal!  Think about that.  The machine was on.  It was eventful and almost qualifies as an explosion in my opinion)
 Isn't it funny that you can only have one or two sewing nights before everyone's birth stories come out???  It doesn't matter who comes to sew, somehow the conversation always ends up with the 'what nobody told me about childbirth!' discussion.   It's always colorful. Almost as colorful as the dirty jokes Mary Burg tells at the Strip Teasers quilting group that meets in my hometown. (I've been practicing the blow up doll joke since your visit Julie!)

 I am relieved as heck to have my row along top sewn.  I need to trim it a little there, but it was quite a chore sewing these rows together.  All of those little seams meant I was pinning a ton... and saying bad words.  
 I am really happy with my first block for the Virtual Quilting Bee that Amy at Diary of a Quilter is hosting. 
 I am very sad that my bolt of Kona white is nearly gone already!!  Its only been three months!  HOW??

I am really lucky to be playing with this fabric.  Super lucky my husband didn't even comment about how my allowance didn't cover this splurge. 


 I am going to be here sewing these half square triangles for awhile.  Its okay I love this pretty fabric, it helps pass the time.  


1 comment:

  1. So what do I need to know about child birth? can you have a session on this in the vitual quilting?

    ReplyDelete