My local sewing group has changed recently. Sometimes I cannot believe my life, like when I have to explain that my son was born in Japan, or list off the 4 bases we have lived in the past 10 years. And when I say things like, "My good friend just moved to Italy" I whimper. Sometimes its really tough to live this way. Usually I make friends that are a little easier to say goodbye to because I keep myself very guarded( I hate change), but my hubs was gone for six months as was her husband. We got through it together, with our little boys. So this departure was a lot harder on me.
So my weekly sewing group has changed(I hate change) But Kristen keeps supplying root beer floats, which helps alot. We miss Bri, and we keep in contact daily with her while she has been house hunting for a romantically Italian home, and get used to the new stuff in her foreign land. And here on the prairie we push on with our star quilts. It helps to stay busy. And these quilts are dang exciting.
 |
| Kristen demonstrating how to smooth the quilt sandwich |
We are working a little ahead of the quilt along so I can get tutorials put together for the group. Last night we sandwiched our quilts. Kristen demonstrated while I snapped pics, it worked out. And she looks really tan in the photos....
 |
| My top basted, this one is a beaut |
 |
| Kristen's stars... Love how organized her top was laid out. That's why we are friends |
 |
| Newish to the group Danielle has been making progress on her project! |
 |
| action shots of quilting. |
I'm dealing with the change.(with the aid of floats)
I thought from the first picture you were playing quilt twister :D
ReplyDelete