Friday, June 29, 2012

Jumping In

There I was very proud of myself for having my WIPS under control.  I've been working on my stars, I have the Buttercup dresdens hanging around.  There are three quilts needing to be basted and quilted. That is pretty manageable for me. 
Then I was cruising through the list of blogs I read and I clicked on Cluck Cluck Sew's new post...a tutorial?  I like tutorials.  Then I starting thinking irrationally.  



 I started thinking about my treasures and tidbits bundles I have had in my cabinet for the past year.  

Then I opened my bundles and decided I MUST make this quilt with these fabrics NOW.

I booked it to my washer to get the fat quarters in there.  Then I had to make dinner and do parental things until after the monster went to bed.  Once his cherub head hit the pillow I ran upstairs, turned on my DVRed Craft Wars episode and got cutting!  


I made some real progress.(and almost cut my hand off) I still need to cut my 5 inch strips and my 2.5 inch strips.  I love these fabrics.  I love the pattern.  I think this quilt should be our official picnic quilt.  
I love new projects.  I need a distraction to get me through the next week... waiting for a closing date is brutal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment