Last month I went to visit my family in Michigan. It was a short trip but somehow or another we started talking about family, and my mom pulled out a genealogy my aunt did in the 70s of their grandparents, great and great great grandparents. It said in the papers that my grandpa's great grandpa was born in Ireland and moved to Ontario when he was 4, then moved to Detroit when he was 19 to enlist in the civil war. He served in the Union.
I had this quilt in strips at home when I found this out.
I had mentioned to my friends while piecing this quilt using Civil War Reunion charm packs, that I was happy the one print said Union, since I'm a northerner and all.... and we won.... and here I am with a three times great grandfather that was indeed a Yankee. Yay!
So here is my civil war reproduction quilt which I really love, and makes me wonder if I'm a quilt black sheep for loving civil war reproductions and modern bright fabrics. Is there a special grouping for "like almost anything quilters". I hope so.
I love everything too, from repros to brights and everything in between. I never met a fabric I did!n't like
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty quilt! I like lots of kinds of quilts too! I think there is room for eclectic quilters in the mix of quilters, don't you?
ReplyDeleteliving in the south and being a yankee is hard.
ReplyDelete