Monday, May 21, 2012

Dresdens

please pardon the puppy with her tongue hanging out.  She isn't a fan of these warm temps.  She misses the snow.

I finished up the binding on this wall hanging last night.  This quilt makes me so happy, and I feel really dumb for setting it aside for so long!  I love making these.  I am thinking I must make more!!!  Maybe with the Buttercup layer cake I have been holding on to.  

I love that this wall hanging was made with just one charm pack, the kona I buy by the bolt, a hunk of fabric my friend gifted me for watching her cat, the backing was the print I wanted, which I found in the bargain room of my LQS, and the binding was something I found in the bargain room as well!  Its seems fated that this quilt came together so easily and was so enjoyable to make!

I'm sending this quilt to my cousin.  She's an elementary teacher. So this punctuation fabric is appropriate.  One day she was listing off the months she didn't have wall hangings for yet, and having just finished my twelve I offered to make her one.  I think this was meant to be her August, but I'm pretty sure she just keeps a fall quilt up all the time because its her favorite.   

Its nice to scratch another project off my list, but now my list has big quilts on it.  Like what the heck was I thinking really BIG quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment