Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Prairie Playground

 It feels great to get another quilt finished up!  I bought these oh so cute Michael Miller prints a couple years ago at the HoLo, and really enjoyed finally creating a quilt with them.  
 While my hubby was deployed I watched a lot of Army Wives episodes, like 81 of them.....In Roxy's livingroom was a quilt with this pattern.  It was very striking, so I finally worked some numbers and created the pattern on my own.  I had to pause the show a few times to get a good view, but its basically just a rail fence with the big squares in-between. 

 The binding was a checkered hankie print, and gave the binding a really cool look.  
I really love the striking red and blue frames around the cute cowgirl print.  I'm really pleased.  

Its going to live with my cousin back in the mitten.  I hope she will love it up!

1 comment: