Friday, February 10, 2012

hodge podge

I have officially quit my farmers wife sampler.  I swear, I love these four blocks but they were almost the death of me.  Thinking of making 116 of them or even one more makes me think about quitting quilting.  Plus I already did a sampler.  Maybe it wasn't the popular one everyone else is doing, but its was still a lot of work.  I did however make a cute mini quilt with my four blocks.  I'm pretty happy with it, and relieved I'm giving myself a pass on the guilt/ i'm a loser thoughts. I like rotary cutting. Maybe one day I'll take a paper piecing class. Maybe
other mini quilts I've been slapping together lately.  

I have started a snowball quilt using a few Civil War Reunion charm packs.  Its not my usual style, but sometimes I think maybe I don't have a particular style anyway.  I like a little of everything I think...minus batiks.  Besides this quilt, I just can't feel them. 
 I've been cutting out Ruby bow-ties still, making burp clothes, dishtowels, thinking about finishing up a lot of stuff.  Like my 30's wonky nine patch quilt.  I need to piece the top, but its a little busy for me, I'm thinking of framing them out in a thin black sashing on point with a 30s green solid at the corners.  Is this bananas?  I could use white, but I think it may wash some of the blocks out.  
I'm seriously in love with my Kona card!  I used it last week to make a trip to the holo without bringing quilt tops and fabric swatches with me.  I picked three colors that would work for each project, made a list, and had no problem finding one or more at the store.  
Now thinking about my 30s nine patch I'm a thinkin' old green is a bit perfect don't you think?!!  I love this kona card!

1 comment: