Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Elaine's Quilty Shop

While I was visiting family in Michigan, my Aunt Susan mentioned a few times a shop she found in a town called Hadley.  Now I had heard of 'Hadley'  but I had no clue there was a town.  Growing up we would often go to a lake at the Metamora-Hadley Recreation Area, but everyone just thought it was in Metamora, I had no clue why they added the 'hadley' in there.

The monster a few years ago at Metamora-Hadley swimming in Lake Minnewann.

So I'm driving to Hadley with my Aunt, and I see this sign

I'm confused by the sign, but really confused that there was a little town there this whole time! 
So we went in.  
 Right inside the door is a big selection of Kona and Moda solids!  WHAT?!  I start scanning everything.  I got a little dizzy. I saw panels I recognized from the Pearl Louise shop in Rapid City.  
My Aunt Susan

I entered the main part of Elaine's Quilty Shop as I came to find out it is called, and low and behold it is full of Moda fabrics!  They stock tons of precuts too!  Like the most precuts I have seen in a real life store!
I can't remember a lot, I know my mind was racing, and my allowance money was spent.  My aunt was so calm.  I didn't feel calm.  I couldn't believe that in a little town 20 minutes from where I grew up there was one of the best quilt stores I have ever been in!  


I scored a few fun things.  
A couple pretty charm packs for a friend.

A Buttercup layer cake for ME

And some super cute fabrics.
I am planning to make an apron with these using this pattern I picked up in September.  I've been itching to make it.  





 So there you go if your every in that neck of the woods, hit up Elaine's, you'll be glad you did!
Elaine's Quilty Shop 
4600 Pratt Road, Hadley, MI





2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have never been to Hadley, you know, they are so small the mail doesnt even get delivered there? you have to go to the post office and pick it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel like a celeb now that I'm pictured on your blog. Next time you're back in the mitten, we'll drive north to the quilt shop in Marlette:D

    ReplyDelete