My sister in law drove up from Denver with her kidlet this past weekend. She brought her sewing machine, and her barn raising. It was fun to sit around sewing after the monsters were asleep. Although I might be too old to stay up past midnight without the hubs here to cover the early morning monster for me. Haha....I sure do miss him!!
She was able to get her top and backing assembled. I expect she will have a finished quilt within the next couple of weeks.
During the evening sewing I started my Christmas placemats, I am only making 2 sets this year! And I got a set of 6 put together, I just need to quilt them. I do have another stack of fabric that I bought to make placemats for my table, and I got started on my Halloween set.
After Rebecca's departure I started thinking about my next sewing visitor. The Hubs' mom is coming to visit for over a month, to help me out with the monster, and watch him while I go to the Sewing Summit, and to take care of us when I have my boob job.(the medically necessary kind, not the cosmetic kind)
But she is going to bring her most beloved fabric, Bliss, and I am going to force encourage her to cut into it and make something with it!! She will be on the baby Juki, and I wanted to make it easy to sew and eat meals, so I pulled out the temporary sewing table I use when we move, and have it set up for her. She will arrive this weekend. I kind of feel like its 'in the corner' but atleast we wont have to clean up anything from the table to consume meals.
I even have a guest sewing box put together.(because I have control/approval issues) It makes the crazy part of my brain super geeked that I happen to own a couple extra rotary cutters, and one of them is in fact the type she uses at him. Like that should make her quilting stay much more comfortable. LOL I need therapy.
Hey! Nobody puts baby in the corner!
ReplyDeleteHa!
I think the work space looks great. Someday you are going to need a whole studio!
Thanks for sewing with me. It was fun to chat and work!