Tuesday, August 16, 2011

sewing along


Since the Hubs left for the sandbox, I have been working on my first patriotic quilt.  My mother in law is making one also!  We have been keeping track of our progress in a Facebook group.  Its been really fun to watch her's come together.  She is using DS fabrics that she hunted for.  This is her top laid out into 4 sections.  Its a nice wall hanging size, and I think she is probably sewing it together today, or soon.  Don't you just love it??

She took quilting up quite recently.  I think she did really really well with the HST and her quilt top looks great, even though I know she had a hard time doing 'random.'  I'm so proud of her!  I also have a tough time with random, but this pattern was a great way to let go a little bit and it turned out great!  

The Hub's sister is also making a barn raising... a baby gift using lots of yummy Central Park.  Her's is a little more complicated because she is laying the prints out in order.  But its going to be gorgeous!  

It has been extra fun to work on a project while others are too.  Seeing the different fabrics going into the same pattern is exciting, and watching their progress makes me inspired to keep working on mine!  Three quilts in three different states, all different sizes, using the same pattern.  FUN!
I'm still quilting mine... luckily I haven't had any troubles since that ugly incident...

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics up close. especially that little starts one and the fire works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, it looks awesome this close!! makes me want to work with triangles again although i am not too fond of the squaring up the squares.. wonderful top, this will be a very, very beautiful quilt!!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete