Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just Because




I made something today, for myself, and just because. With my CSP list still a bit lengthy, I was in the mood for a FAST EASY and FUN project. I was loading my stash into some storage bins, and I came across these middle of the night purchases I made a few years ago. I didn't have any plans, and I only bought 3-1/2 yard cuts.... I had a flash of mini quilts hanging in my next laundry room.( I know you are probably saying, but you don't know what your next laundry room will look like.. I know, but I have a bunch of different ideas on how to use them)




Don't these ladies look so happy to be doing laundry?!!! Each mini quilt is about 9.5 square.




And of course I wear heels while hanging the laundry.(I'm being sarcastic, I'm a flip flop girl 10 months of the year)
I am pleased with the way they turned out. Doing a wonky log cabin again was fun, especially since they weren't planned.
You know, I joke about how much fabric I buy, but I actually don't think my stash is too overwhelming. I pretty much only buy for specific projects, and these bins are mostly leftovers. I was happy to discover this today.
P.S. I finished 3 things from the to do list yesterday, 2 secret gifts, and a set of U of M burp clothes for my bro, who is expecting his first in a couple of weeks. GO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment