Sunday, November 21, 2010

I hear they have blizzards...



..in South Dakota. I think we will be covered.


My wall hanging project is producing a pile too.




This is my first ever quilt. I can't remember when I got it. It must be at least 25 years old now. I remember it was always on my bed. Its faded now. The blocks are made out of my great grandma's clothes. She hand quilted it. Its falling apart in a few places. I think it might be because some of the clothes she used were polyester.(like 70s polyester) Of course its also because this quilt was SERIOUSLY loved, and there was often a cat curled up at the end of my bed. The pink fabric is so soft. I always hope the quilts I gift will be loved like this quilt, maybe not with holes, but really loved and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment