Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Peeling the Mod Podge from my hands

I saw on TV awhile ago, a Martha Stewart craft project. I finally decided to do it today! You know because I don't have a list of a million things to do, but whatever. I was motivated, and it was the only thing I felt like doing today. (I did the grocery shopping, child rearing and made dinner too.(just fyi))





EASY and CUTE. Although Martha's are way fancier. You get wooden rectangles, these are 2.5 x 3.5, they come 4 in a pack, cost 99 cents and were 1/2 off the other day at the HOLO. I smoothed out the edges with 220 sandpaper, just for good measure.
Then you cut out some scrapbook paper a tiny bit smaller than your wood rectangle. Slap the paper on one side of the wood with some Mod Podge.
You print out doubles of the photos of your choice, wallet sized was perfect. I chose my tot's long distance relatives as the game players. Slap those on the opposite side of the wood rectangles...
Add a sealer coat of Mod Podge on both sides, to make them smooth.... Then WAALAA you have yourself a set of memory game pieces for your little one. I'm making another set for our nephew.
This is the first time I have used Mod Podge. I think I'll keep a bottle in the craft closet from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment