Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back to a/c....I mean reality




Thank goodness our a/c is working again! We got home this morning and we were so glad to be in a cool house. Camping was fun but so HOT. We were pleasantly surprised with Bottomless Lakes State Park.(but really its just one lake and a few puddles) Its just east of Roswell, New Mexico, and about 2 hours from home. We didn't see any aliens.... Except for these....




I thought they were cute. Saturday we spent swimming in Lea Lake which was very cool and refreshing. But once it hit 104, we had to head to town to cool off. And I knew there was a quilt shop in Roswell somewhere.... Do you think I found it???






But the lake is something like 90 feet deep so the water is nice and chilly, and they made a nice beach there too. The monster really enjoyed swimming, and we bought him a puddle jumper pfd and he was swimming like a pro with that thing!



The park was really pretty, even if I miss the woods of Michigan when we go to treeless places like this. But it was still pretty.





And you bet your thimble I found that quilt shop! I spotted the Calico Cow downtown while we were escaping the heat of the day. The shop owner was a delightful funny woman.





I picked up 4 1/2 yards....


and 4 patterns.... Yippie!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a awesome time. Love the fabric, you are going to be busy with all those patterns.

    ReplyDelete