I returned home yesterday after three and a half weeks away.
I didn't take anything with me to blog with... but I did take photos and I managed to sew a bit!
This was a fun surprise at my mom's house, my step-dad had made a ladder for the quilt collection my mom has. It was really fun to see. ANNNNDDDD he sent me home with a ladder too! Once I get it assembled and loaded up I'll show you.
He even made me a sign for mine!
I took my Retro project with me and had a little set up in my room to work.
I just squeezed in time here and there. Eventually I went over to my mother in law's house and made big progress, finishing the top and getting it basted.
I am really pleased with it, and I love the bright yellow backing! I left it with my sister.
Later on in my trip I made a little jog over to the west side of Michigan to meet and sew with my virtual quilty friend April.
We had a great time. It was so fun to meet her in real life and sew with her!
Annnnnddddd she taught me something NEW!
Ready????
This was the before pic.....
And this was the finished product!
SHE TAUGHT ME PAPER PIECING!
Can you believe it?!
Me either!
I am really excited to finish this mini quilt soon!
Then I have my next project ready to go!
Aren't these batiks fun!
I have two weeks until the summer QA begins, and I'd like to make good progress before it starts.
....But I need to start cooking again, catch up on housework and laundry, start some sort of summer school routine, take the dogs to the groomer, one dog to the vet, call the carpet cleaner, get my garden in shape, VBS is next week.....so, it might not happen.
I just know summer will be over in a second! So I'm going to enjoy it! Quilting can wait.











No comments:
Post a Comment