Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hello Darling




What a pickle I was in trying to take a photo of my finished Hello Darling quilt!
It's been windy as heck here, and the forecast calls for these constant wind for the next several days. 
If I were to wait until the Hubs gets home from work to take a picture, it will be dark out!
 I will have to use artificial light.
That's not good either!

So this is the best I could do.



Thankfully the Monster was willing to help me out with it.
I'm training him early.

I started this quilt back in August.  
Finished the top mid-September.
Basted it a week ago.
I finished this quilt binding after school today.  





It reads Christmas-y. 
I like that.



This line has great stripes, but because of the pattern I thought stripes would look crazy.
I did pick up this pretty aqua stripe for the binding though.
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times....
I love striped bindings!

I am so happy to have another project done!
My 14th for the year.
The sixth of the projects on the LIST.

Of the fifteen remaining projects on my list

Star Wars is getting binding tonight
Blitzen will get started right away
Farm Girl will follow that
Snapshot should be next
then my Calendar BOM
followed by my Kiss Kiss
Simple Abundance will be next
my Paridiso and Terrain will be after all of that
then maybe I will pick up my vintage sheet project
Fresh Air will be sometime after all of that.
then the rest....

No big deal right?
Even though I have only finished six quilts from my original list I did add two additional quilts, with the baby boy quilt for my cousin, and the Star Wars quilt for the Monster.

The next line of fabric I'm allowed to buy comes out in February.
I think I feel good about my restraint so far.
I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment