Friday, June 5, 2015

Came Close to Relapse

Yesterday I realized I was getting close to relapsing on my WIP habit.  
After finishing the rainbow quilt I was talking to the hubs who told me it would be okay for me to wait to baste these quilts until he returns.  
I was tempted.  
Actually I resolved to just make quilt tops and put them away until the fall.  
Then I realized it would end in disaster.   
Even having two quilts waiting to be finished started feeling bad when I thought about it.  
Shoot while the rainbow quilt backing was in the wash I started cutting something!

I don't want to end up with a dozen wips again.  
What a slippery slope!  
So this morning after breakfast I mopped. 
And spent ALL MORNING basting. 
(but I have an awesome audiobook I'm listening to right now, so it wasn't boring)


I unhappily realized the backing for my Horizons quilt was barely big enough.  
Nothing like squeezing by with a tiny bit of excess.   
This quilt I will be hand quilting.  

The rainbow quilt I will be machine quilting. 


As for the Boathouse fabric I started cutting yesterday... 
It will be there waiting for me to finish the rainbow.  
What great motivation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment