This past weekend I decided to get moving on a baby quilt I wanted to make. The expecting couple live in our neighborhood, and we often exchange dog sitting. Our dog Anna loves them so much that when we walk by their home she starts crying loudly and pulling towards the door. And she's strong for such a short thing. The husband works with Dave. I knew I was going to make them a quilt for their impending bundle of joy, so I thought I should get going.
I had two charm packs from my most recent trip to the Bakery Fabrics. I decided they would make a very pretty baby quilt. For the backing I challenged myself to find something at HoLo. I was very happily surprised to find a perfect backing and a very fun orange dot for the binding.
I spent Saturday afternoon piecing the quilt. It was quick.
I basted it right away. The guys went to Monster Jam so I quilted it up that evening and attached the binding. It's nice to have all afternoon to sew especially for a small project that I can finish up quickly.
I free motion quilted it in a light pink thread.
I just love Kate Spain fabrics. I might confess to how many quilts I've made from her lines someday.
This backing IS perfect!
I hope their little girl will love it up and use it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment