Friday, October 3, 2014

Sewing Giant Swoon Blocks


 The past couple of days I have been back at the swoon block sewing.  These blocks are so darn huge!  I downloaded a new audio book though!  I am 28 chapters in, sewing, and feeling more like myself!  


Still taking it one block at a time.


I did take the advice of my Aunt Susan recently, and I laid all of my folded quilts out to breathe.  She told me to stack 'em right up and let them lay out for a week or so.  It was scary pulling out the quilts from all of the places I keep them stashed.  The hubs kept joking, "what if they break the guest bed?"  I didn't think it was cute.  
It turns out I had 59 quilt stacked here.  Then a count of quilts being used led us to the startling discovery that we own 66 quilts.  Even though several are wall hangings(maybe 15), I was alarmed. 

Lucky for my sister.
 I was making the swoon blocks thinking, this can't be #67....... So now she will get the beautiful Swoon quilt for her birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment