Monday, April 7, 2014

My Finished Herringbone


I wrapped up the binding work on my Herringbone last night.  


It feels great to have an old wip transformed into a different pattern, and DONE.


Also it seemed fated that HoLo would carry this most perfect backing!  


With my crazy luck finding a backing, I went for an easy solid for the binding in a perfect color.  

All is right in the world.  That horrendous list I used to keep track of my WIP busting efforts the past several months is done but for my mystery BOM.


The other day I was reminded of my low volume efforts I had started cutting awhile back (possibly last fall). I had nearly 100 squares to cut still, so I started on that Saturday night.  Sunday I got 9 of my 19 rows sewn together.  I enjoy the scrappiness of this quilt, and I think low volumes look so pretty and calming.... but as I am piecing these rows I just wonder, what do you go for on the backing?  Something light like the front, or something bold?  I'll have to keep an eye out for something amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment