Monday, September 30, 2013

A Work Filled Weekend

 I was able to get a ton accomplished this past weekend.  

I got the quilting finished on my fall leaves quilt. I even got the binding attached.  Last night while watching tv I got a little more than half of the hand sewing done.  I can hardly wait to get this quilt finished, washed and start using it!  
 I caught up on the Virtual Quilting Bee blocks.  I needed to make five to be up to date.  I believe the last block will be posted this Friday.   Looking forward to that.  
Don't judge me but I chickened out of making the paper pieced block.  Luckily block 13 had two variations to choose from so I made both.  Since they look totally different I don't feel too bad about my decision to be a wimp.  

Along with this sewing, I also quilted my mom's wall hanging and bound it.  It feels nice to have a finished quilt.  After all of that, I got to work on my marmalade quilt, which I'm pretty sure I haven't blogged about at all.  I will soon.
It felt amazing to have such a productive weekend for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Love all those blues and greens!

    ...and I just finished up a fall quilt too...in the washer right now...although in completely different colors.

    ReplyDelete